:

Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
+  gotphq.com
|-+  Metaphysical Boards
| |-+  General Metaphysical Discussion
| | |-+  Apportation And Crossing The Threshold Of Believability
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Apportation And Crossing The Threshold Of Believability  ( 2209 )
The Windbadger
Unbelievably Insecure Infant (Of The Infinite)
Lead Administrator
A.S. Legend

: 4257

« : September 23, 2013, 10:49:56 AM »

To the simpleton, belief and knowing can be conceived as mental standpoints that any individual can adopt with ease - as if they were nothing more than a piece of attire bought in a store, adorned and made permanent until removed at a later date. In reality, a belief - especially a strong one - requires the requisite definitional foundation and framework for it to be first bought into, and then maintained. Being that they lack the necessary cognitive development, only the truly intellectually-defunct can make the necessary leaps of faith required to simply believe for belief sake. But this is no case for sympathy or pity: ignorance is bliss is a truism when the true mechanics of reality are learned and understood, the ultimate effect of those mechanics being that reality reacts to what we believe - that is, we shift to parallel realities that are representative of that belief, our vibration determining the speed at which we make those shifts, and to what extent these parallel Earths reflect them.

In relation to the achievement or attainment of what we can define as magical feats, crossing the threshold of believability is where the great challenge lies: desire, determination and technique are not enough - if we wish to move an object with nothing more than the power of our mind; or levitate off the ground; or remote view the contents of an envelope, we must first be willing to believe that such a feat is possible - we must, in the stark light of day, open our minds to that possibility. We must then be able to reason how such a feat is possible, the processes and mechanics underpinning that would allow it to happen, perfectly, logically. When this juncture is reached, the threshold of believability is crossed - in short, instead of only wanting to believe, we begin to genuinely believe. And thus we then believe with not merely our hearts - which are connected to Source and thus know that all things are possible - but with our minds too.

We believe with our total being.

On one fateful night in 2007 I experienced, during meditation, a vision that, even at the time, I knew was important, but yet, as the years drifted by, amongst a striking conucopia of life-changing metaphysical experence, it still stood out. It changed my life, in the sense that it tasked me with opening my mind to something that even I doubted could be possible, and from this drove me onwards, daring to dream the impossible. What was this vision you ask? It was, in essence, a vivid mind's-eye video-tutorial showing how to apport, accompanied with narration from person unknown. While it was happening I discovered I could think over the top of it, thus effecting the phenomenon a degree of validity that it otherwise would have lacked. Over the coming years I played with the idea, but it was only later - a couple of years ago - that I genuinely began to believe it possible. I had yet to cross the threshold of believability, you see. Apportation - the act of materializing objects from 'thin air' (as Freeman would put it) - was, as you can imagine, still too fantastical, still too big for me. Not precisely a pipe-dream, as in my attempts I could feel energy flowing in response to my intent (causing interesting, hitherto unexperienced phenomena to occur), but still a dream nonetheless.

It was only when, post 2012, that I began to learn about the true mechanics of self and reality, where the old model of reality broke down as evidence of the former proceeded to fall into my lap, that I actually crossed the threshold and thought to myself "Hang on a mo... this IS possible. Big, life-affirming and incredible, but nonetheless possible. I... CAN do this" - the ultimate result of this being that I could finally sit there, in the cold light of day, and truly attempt it. It no longer was something I simply felt happening in my being, that I tentatively played with energetically, and anaylized. I believed.

All this came to a head a few months back when, during an attempt, evidence of a vortex, or a wormhole, manifested right in front of me, above my upturned right hand: that is to say, the space between my eyes and my hand became warped and distorted, causing the fingers below to displace, or point in strange directions, the very skin of my hand to bobble, and other strange effects... understandably this event blew me away, as I had, up until this point merely believed. Now, I had reached the higher plateau of knowing. I stopped what I was doing and did some deep-breathing. That was enough, for now...

So this is where, on my personal journey, I am right now. I know I can repeat the conditions that led to this apportation attempt, and yet I am tentative. The thing most people do not understand about the achieving of magical feats is that they require a certain level of vibration in order to occur, some higher levels than others. Apportation, let me tell you, requires a very, very high vibration - a healthy body and mind, a relaxed state of being, and a level of excitement  that is, presently on this planet, alien to the great majority of people. It's not easy to attain, but it is, however, something that I know how to achieve - I know the steps.

I realize that even if I never made the grade to a full blown apportation (which I do not believe - it is inevitable now), I could record myself generating the vortexes in my hand that lead to it and become semi-famous, like some kind of real-life X-man. But this is... not enough. My aims are high, my self-worth impregnable, and so nothing less than the attainment of complete self-sufficiency and peersonal freedom will satisfy. And apportation is the gateway to that.

Have a nice day.  8)
« : September 23, 2013, 11:38:41 AM Neo »

To seek freedom is the only driving force I know. Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there. Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle.

~ Don Juan Matus
Hal
gayface 5000

: 1528

nyurreghhh..uhn.. buh

« #1 : September 23, 2013, 02:49:36 PM »

Cool. U should first keep it a secret tho. Apport sum gald, get rich, and den... Body guards.
And give me sum gald pls

Carlton
Degenerate

: 1145

It's not unusual

« #2 : September 23, 2013, 10:21:31 PM »

you've been saying this for years.

prove it noob

I'm not racist
Paul

: 272

Thoughts of my imagination came out of the blue

« #3 : September 24, 2013, 01:21:56 AM »

In relation to the achievement or attainment of what we can define as magical feats, crossing the threshold of believability is where the great challenge lies: desire, determination and technique are not enough - if we wish to move an object with nothing more than the power of our mind; or levitate off the ground; or remote view the contents of an envelope, we must first be willing to believe that such a feat is possible - we must, in the stark light of day, open our minds to that possibility. We must then be able to reason how such a feat is possible, the processes and mechanics underpinning that would allow it to happen, perfectly, logically. When this juncture is reached, the threshold of believability is crossed - in short, instead of only wanting to believe, we begin to genuinely believe. And thus we then believe with not merely our hearts - which are connected to Source and thus know that all things are possible - but with our minds too.

Today I was relaxing in my bedroom thinking about what you had said in this post.  I concluded that you are correct, and I was able to move objects with my mind.  I would simply concentrate on a small object that I saw a few feet away, reach out and open up my hand, and then the object would slowly float from its motionless starting point to the palm of my hand.  The ability of this object to successfully complete its short journey was entirely determined by my thoughts and my beliefs as to whether or not this movement was possible.

But then I realized after moving the first object that I was in one of my childhood bedrooms about a thousand or so miles away from where I am currently residing and that this experience was entirely a dream.  Silly me.

Do paranormal and spiritual abilities in the other dimensions count as real life special powers?
The Windbadger
Lead Administrator
A.S. Legend

« #4 : September 24, 2013, 03:21:18 AM »

you've been saying this for years.

prove it noob

I have, yes... but as was pointed out in my post, this is a BIG thing - it was never going to be a feat accomplished quickly.

Don't misunderstand me, though: I'm not proving this to anyone but myself. I'm happy to report on and describe the various activities and projects currently happening in my life, but I'm not fishing for outside confirmation here.

If you want to do something amazing, get off your lazy ass and go for it, prove it to yourself. I just want to attain total freedom.

Today I was relaxing in my bedroom thinking about what you had said in this post.  I concluded that you are correct, and I was able to move objects with my mind.  I would simply concentrate on a small object that I saw a few feet away, reach out and open up my hand, and then the object would slowly float from its motionless starting point to the palm of my hand.  The ability of this object to successfully complete its short journey was entirely determined by my thoughts and my beliefs as to whether or not this movement was possible.

But then I realized after moving the first object that I was in one of my childhood bedrooms about a thousand or so miles away from where I am currently residing and that this experience was entirely a dream.  Silly me.

Do paranormal and spiritual abilities in the other dimensions count as real life special powers?

Hah, good to see my post had a positive effect, Paul - enough to cause a related dream.

Funnily enough, I had a dream the previous morning where I was flying around and moving objects with the power of my mind! Certainly felt like I had super powers.

To seek freedom is the only driving force I know. Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there. Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle.

~ Don Juan Matus
White Darkness

: 708

« #5 : September 25, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »

I don't believe in 'materializing things out of thin air' but  from a psychological standpoint, I think the desire to possess some kind of super-power (like apportation) arises out of feelings of powerlessness.  Essentially it's your desire to rise above your average or sub-average state of being. In some way maybe these desires were being expressed by your vision. It's an interesting thought. ???

OH YEAH and who knows? Maybe one day you will transcend so much that you will reach that state where your hidden dormant abilities will be awakened. You will be like a freak of nature using 100% of your mind and etc.... Lol just a thought. ;)
« : September 25, 2013, 11:35:54 AM White Darkness »
Hal
gayface 5000

: 1528

nyurreghhh..uhn.. buh

« #6 : September 26, 2013, 06:27:34 AM »

I don't believe in 'materializing things out of thin air' but  from a psychological standpoint, I think the desire to possess some kind of super-power (like apportation) arises out of feelings of powerlessness.  Essentially it's your desire to rise above your average or sub-average state of being. In some way maybe these desires were being expressed by your vision. It's an interesting thought. ???

OH YEAH and who knows? Maybe one day you will transcend so much that you will reach that state where your hidden dormant abilities will be awakened. You will be like a freak of nature using 100% of your mind and etc.... Lol just a thought. ;)

Because Neo is so gonna quote the shit out of this ::)

Which reminds me. I had a dream about Neo some time ago. He was a scientits, doin stuff.. Somewhere.

The Windbadger
Lead Administrator
A.S. Legend

« #7 : September 26, 2013, 08:07:49 AM »

I don't believe in 'materializing things out of thin air'

Of course you don't believe. And that will remain the case until you gain a better understanding of the physics of reality.

All of which means that unless you can explain in great and very specific detail why it is that apportation is not possible (that is to say what, in a mechanical sense, is stopping it from occurring), your proclamation to me that you don't believe in it has precisely zero impact on my own position.

More over, in an objective sense, it's just another opinion in a constant, etheric dribble of opinions that carries no weight or merit. And nobody bar you (and perhaps the Pokemon in your backpack) cares about that.

but from a psychological standpoint, I think the desire to possess some kind of super-power (like apportation) arises out of feelings of powerlessness.

Is this an objective assessment? Are you a qualified psychologist?

I pray not, because no trained psychologist and person of learning would ever think in such simple and two-dimensional terms.

The desire to possess a 'super power' - as you put it - could arise from any number of reasons, which the psychologist would endeavor to discover through conversing with the subject over a period of time, and analysis therein of what is reported.   

In my own case I don't feel powerless - what is actually occurring is that I feel progressively more empowered, as a result of my greater understanding of self and reality and ever-burgeoning skill-set. Acquiring and mastering an ability that is more representative of that higher vibrational state is a natural next step.

Essentially it's your desire to rise above your average or sub-average state of being.

That's your belief, and yours alone - stemming no doubt from the frequent skinny-dipping you engage in in the lower vibrational swamps of your consciousness.

Me? I know I'm a completely unlimited and unique expression of The Infinite. Seen in this light, it is natural to want to attain excellence and distinction, it is natural to want to aspire to greatness, because that is what we innately are.

In some way maybe these desires were being expressed by your vision. It's an interesting thought. ???

If you say so. 

I'm not aiming to transcend, I did that yonks ago. What I'm actually aiming for is freedom and mastery here, in the physical plane. Where da party'z aT yo'.   ???

~ Don Juan Matus
The Windbadger
Lead Administrator
A.S. Legend

« #8 : September 26, 2013, 08:12:53 AM »

Which reminds me. I had a dream about Neo some time ago. He was a scientits, doin stuff.. Somewhere.

Yes, that was definitely me. I get very vague and non-specific in the other dimensions. It's only here in The Matrix where I have a brain. 

~ Don Juan Matus
White Darkness

« #9 : September 26, 2013, 05:34:28 PM »

Of course you don't believe. And that will remain the case until you gain a better understanding of the physics of reality.

All of which means that unless you can explain in great and very specific detail why it is that apportation is not possible (that is to say what, in a mechanical sense, is stopping it from occurring), your proclamation to me that you don't believe in it has precisely zero impact on my own position.

You're wrong and I'll tell you why. In order for you to be able to do apportation you would have to completely disregard the basic law of physics - which tells us that an object cannot be created or destroyed out of thin air - which isn't possible and you would need to find a way to make matter travel through space and time which isn't possible either. I highly recommend you read up on this kind of thing.

Is this an objective assessment? Are you a qualified psychologist?

I pray not, because no trained psychologist and person of learning would ever think in such simple and two-dimensional terms.

The desire to possess a 'super power' - as you put it - could arise from any number of reasons, which the psychologist would endeavor to discover through conversing with the subject over a period of time, and analysis therein of what is reported.

I appreciate  you telling me pretty basic information about what a psychologist does and how they think. (sarcasm) And no I'm not a psychologist I'm only speaking from my perspective of things.

As for the rest of your post it's just more ego-inflation and further personal attacks and isn't worth addressing. Although you are certainly entitled to your opinions..... :o
The Windbadger
Lead Administrator
A.S. Legend

« #10 : September 27, 2013, 04:36:45 AM »

You're wrong and I'll tell you why.

Plz.

In order for you to be able to do apportation you would have to completely disregard the basic law of physics - which tells us that an object cannot be created or destroyed out of thin air - which isn't possible.

I believe you're referring to the law that states that energy cannot be created or destroyed - that is a law, correct.

"An object cannot be created or destroyed out of thin air" - on the other hand - is just a stupid-sounding sentence.

and you would need to find a way to make matter travel through space and time which isn't possible either. I highly recommend you read up on this kind of thing.

And I would likewise highly recommend you get informed on the subject of wormholes - or at the very least grasp their basic mechanics, sufficiently so as to understand that they allow matter to be transported from one unrelated coordinate in space to another.

Or you could not do that and just continue instead to embarrass yourself on this forum with your neverending torrent of ill-informed spiel.

Really, this site deserves a better class of troll.

As for the rest of your post it's just more ego-inflation

Once again you can't be bothered, or are unable, to respond to the specific points I've made or questions that I've asked.   

and further personal attacks and isn't worth addressing. Although you are certainly entitled to your opinions..... :o

Yes, yes, blah blah, yadda yadda - insert stock 'things to say here' - brilliant. Seriously. I REALLY look forward to your next response. Highlight of my day...

Anyone else up for a game of Sarcastiball?  ;)

~ Don Juan Matus
White Darkness

« #11 : September 27, 2013, 01:10:57 PM »

I believe you're referring to the law that states that energy cannot be created or destroyed - that is a law, correct.

"An object cannot be created or destroyed out of thin air" - on the other hand - is just a stupid-sounding sentence.

Does it really matter though? The sentence sounded fine to me. I think you're being overly-critical of the way I'm putting things and not looking at the broader issue which is that according to the law of physics you can't materialize something from 'nothing' and you never bothered to say how or why I was wrong.

And I would likewise highly recommend you get informed on the subject of wormholes - or at the very least grasp their basic mechanics, sufficiently so as to understand that they allow matter to be transported from one unrelated coordinate in space to another.

Well I do know enough to know that wormholes are just theoretical science fiction at this point...and that there's isn't even any evidence that they exist... and that's good enough for me to discredit them. Unless you can convince me otherwise.

Once again you can't be bothered, or are unable, to respond to the specific points I've made or questions that I've asked.

I will answer them then. Your "points" about how your becoming more empowered and how you believe you're a unique expression of the infinite are, in my opinion, only subjective feelings that you probably forced yourself to believe in because it appealed to you. There. :o
Redguard

: 83

« #12 : September 27, 2013, 04:26:20 PM »

Well I do know enough to know that wormholes are just theoretical science fiction at this point...and that there's isn't even any evidence that they exist... and that's good enough for me to discredit them. Unless you can convince me otherwise.

That's what people used to say about black holes and dark matter which were both theorized to exist before they were found.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/hawking/strange/html/wormhole.html

http://www.zmescience.com/science/physics/loop-quantum-gravity-big-bounce-theory-30052013/

I stopped looking at this world in absolute truths long ago.  I realized that absolute truths only held me back in the long run.  I've experienced the "impossible" through meditation and heightened states countless times.

Ahh Neo you and I are very similar individuals.  I may not agree on many of the topics you write about but you do inspire me to look at things in a different light.  As someone who studies philosophy I find being open minded extremely important for oneself to experience the impossible.  For example, all of my friends who believe ghosts are possible have experienced legitimate paranormal experiences in my house.  The ones that don't experience nothing.  Quantum physics tells us that our brains can have a measurable effect on reality, just how much well I don't think science will figure this one out for a very long time.  But using intuition one may be able to find more where others have failed. 

As I thought of these things, I drew aside the curtains and looked out into the darkness, and it seemed to my troubled fancy that all those little points of light filling the sky were the furnaces of innumerable divine alchemists, who labour continually, turning lead into gold, weariness into ecstasy, bodies into souls, the darkness into God; and at their perfect labour my mortality grew heavy, and I cried out, as so many dreamers and men of letters in our age have cried, for the birth of that elaborate spiritual beauty which could alone uplift souls weighted with so many dreams.
― W.B. Yeats, Rosa Alchemica
EllyEve

: 427

Bitchin' sheep's clothing

« #13 : September 27, 2013, 11:06:43 PM »

Yes, that was definitely me. I get very vague and non-specific in the other dimensions. It's only here in The Matrix where I have a brain.

MORPHEUS: For the longest time, I wouldn't believe it. But then I saw the fields with my own eyes, watched them liquefy the dead so they could be fed intravenously to the living -

NEO (politely): Excuse me, please.

MORPHEUS: Yes, Neo?

NEO: I've kept quiet for as long as I could, but I feel a certain need to speak up at this point. The human body is the most inefficient source of energy you could possibly imagine. The efficiency of a power plant at converting thermal energy into electricity decreases as you run the turbines at lower temperatures. If you had any sort of food humans could eat, it would be more efficient to burn it in a furnace than feed it to humans. And now you're telling me that their food is the bodies of the dead, fed to the living? Haven't you ever heard of the laws of thermodynamics?

MORPHEUS: Where did you hear about the laws of thermodynamics, Neo?

NEO: Anyone who's made it past one science class in high school ought to know about the laws of thermodynamics!

MORPHEUS: Where did you go to high school, Neo?

(Pause.)

NEO: ...in the Matrix.

MORPHEUS: The machines tell elegant lies.

(Source: Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality alternate)

So, I'm going to guess that with apportation, unless you have a narrator in your head, it's more a "just do it first, and let more bloodminded logisticians figure out how later".

Apportation's a good word. Lucid dreamers took a leaf out of the Scribblenauts fandom and call the experience in lucid dreams "spawning" which makes me think of laying jellied eggs or avenging my death in a giant red cape. "Manifestation" is equally unwieldly. Psionics practitioners make a distinction in telekinesis/psychokinesis between -kinesis, which is moving something around, like fire, (pyrokinesis), and -genesis, which in the case of pyrogenesis would be creating fire. Which other psions think is stupid, because that would just be aerokinesis (making air move around fast enough to "make" fire--to generate a reaction), and labeling the substances is stupid too because it's all psychokinesis. But we won't call it telegenesis because it's not making space or distance, or psychogenesis because we're not making up our minds.
« : September 27, 2013, 11:20:45 PM EllyEve »
Paul

: 272

Thoughts of my imagination came out of the blue

« #14 : September 28, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »

MORPHEUS: Where did you go to high school, Neo?

(Pause.)

NEO: ...in the Matrix.

MORPHEUS: The machines tell elegant lies.

(Source: Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality alternate)

Did I ever mention in this forum an amazing lucid dream experience where I was in some kind of modern English university of witchcraft in the astral dimension?  I think Neo was in a nearby dormitory room and I heard him talking with someone.  But I didn't confront him and say "Neo, is that you?!?!"  Maybe I was a powerful magician in another life and I have been exiled to this world for some unknown reason or purpose.

It is time to reawaken our dormant powers and reclaim the magic that is rightfully ours.  The Old Ways will reemerge once again in this maddening world of science and technology.

http://www.ravensloft.biz/
http://www.ecauldron.com/
http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/forum.php
http://www.ecauldron.com/category/pagan-library/astral-projection/
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: